The purpose of the PADI Equipment Specialists Course is to familiarize divers with the operation and maintenance of diving equipment. It is not an equipment repair course. This course will familiarize you with the theory, principles and operation of diving equipment and enable you to perform routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures, store equipment properly. Provide suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and introduce you to new diving equipment.
The PADI Equipment Specialist Rating is applicable for the PADI Master Scuba Diving Rating. Course length is approximately 4 hours - Course Fee includes all course materials, instruction, and certification.
- Must be a PADI Scuba Diver or Junior Scuba Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Reviews the theory, principles and operation of dive equipment
- Routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures, and equipment storage
- Common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures)
- Simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new gear (may include optional confined water dive to try new or unfamiliar equipment)
- No dives are required, so you can take the Equipment Specialist course any time of the year
- The PADI Equipment Specialist Course is not an equipment repair course, but it provides the foundation you’ll want if you’re interested in learning equipment repair
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.